SAP HR Payroll is basically controlled by 4 status of a Payroll Control Record. Payroll Control Record is tied to employee via IT0001.
Released for Payroll:
- Payroll Control Record is now in ‘Released for Payroll’ status
- Past and present HR Master Data is locked for those particular employees. However ,future dated changes in master data are permitted in your SAP system.
- If the payroll is released from the “Exit” stage, the system rolls into the next payroll period, increases the payroll area period number by 1 in the Payroll Control Record (for example, from period 01/2012 to 02/2012).
- You execute the payroll run for one payroll area, by running tcode PC00_M13_CALC for Australia
- If errors occur, you will get a list of employees rejected during the payroll run. The system has stored the employees rejected during the payroll run in something called “Matchcode W”.
- Only at this stage, PCL2 is actually updated
Released for Corrections:
- Payroll Control Record is set to “Released for Correction”.
- Past and present HR Master Data for those particular employees is now unlocked for corrections.
- You should make appropriate corrections to fix the payroll errors for example adjusting data in IT0008, IT0014, IT0015, IT2010, etc..
- Once you have made the appropriate corrections, you need to Release Payroll and Start Payroll using Matchcode W, which will only select the employees that were rejected during the previous payroll run.
- You can cycle between the “Released for Corrections” and “Released for Payroll” stages as many times as necessary.
- Employees who require corrections can be seen in their IT0003, where the checkbox for Payroll correction is ticked
- Payroll Control Record is set to Exit Payroll.
- Past and present HR Master Data for those particular employees is now unlocked in your SAP system.
- The payroll run is closed off for the particular period. You cannot go backwards in respect to payroll results.