1 ) What is the Difference between “Evaluation Paths and relationships “
An evaluation path describes a relationship chain that exist in a hierarchical structure between the objects (eg: O-S-P ). Relationship(1001) is an infotype generally applicable between two objects.
2) How many cost centers can we assign to a org unit ? Generally we can assign only one cost center. It always refers to parent cost center.
3) What is difference between – Simple maintainence and Expert Mode? Both the interfaces are used to create Org structure. If the company needs to create a huge structure, we will use Simple maintenance, because it is user friendly that is it is easy to create a structure, the system automatically relationship between the objects. Using Infotypes we can create Objects in Expert mode and we have to use different transactions to create various types of objects.
4) What could be a possible structure of a org unit, exg – if a organisation has branches in 34 countries and head quarters being in london, and having a work center or branch in bangalore, how do we relate sitting in banglaore to London mother company? This can be done by Enterprise structure that is Personnel Area and Various Personnel Sub areas.
5) How many Company codes can a company can have at a time? Any number.
6) How can one know if a position is vacant or occupied in a company? We can identify the vacancy position in IT1007.
7) Can a junior employee report to 4 different supervisors, if yes, how? There will be only one supervisor for a employee to report. In case of concurrent employement the employee can report to corresponding Administrator.
8) What is the difference between ” Job and Position”? Job is not a concrete, it is General holding various task to perform.(Eg: Manager, GM). Position is concrete and specific which are occupied by Persons. (Eg: Manager – Hr, GM – Hr).
9) What are the infotypes in OM – Please this is important From 1000 to 1999.
10) What can a end user do in OM – if he can face a problem where can he face a problem ?? In regular intervals? Creation of various objects like O,S,P,C,A. Creation of Org Structure.
11) How do you assign a single person for two roles, Can we assign or not? Roles is the combination of transactions, reports and other files. We can assign any number of roles to a person.
12) How do you report level 4 person to level 1 person? By creating relationship between the objects.
13) What do you mean my a Task and where do you assign and How? Task are the work to be peroformed by the employee. We can assign task to job or position which finally inherit to the holder that is employee.
14) What is an Org’s assignment and Org’l Plan, what is the diff between them? Org assig defines the PA,PSA,EE group, EE subgroup, Cost Center, Payroll area all the default assignment of the person. Org plan is the structure of the Org.
15) How many structures are there in OM? Be specific, if you want to know the various structures in HR, it is Org Structure, Enterprise Struc., Personnel Structure. If it is OM, We can create Org structure by using Org and Staffing interface, Expert mode, Simple Maintenance. We can create General Structure, Matrix.
16) What do you mean by reporting Structure? Reporting structure is to view the reporting objects, that is who is reporting to whom.
17) What is the difff between Simple Maintenance and Detailed Maintenance? and which one you used in your project? As already explained. Usage depends on the Company.
18) What are the buliding blocks in OM and where do you assign them? There are totally five objects in building blocks of OM, that is O,C,S,P and Cost center. Using relationship we can assign them.
19) What do you mean by work centre and Cost center? Where do you assign them. And how many Cost centres can we assign? Cost center which controls and maintain the cost relevant activities of the company. It is controlled by FICO peoples. Work centers are the exact work location of the employee where the company doing the daily transactions.
20) How do you transfer Org’l Assignment from PA to PD(Answer for this is a bit diff, try it) you can maintain Org Assign using the IT0001.
21) What are the infotypes you used in OM? As already explained from 1000 to 1999.
22) What is the Tcode to maintain the Standard roles? Tcode: PFCG
23) What is the Tcode to Change the Standard roles? Same Tcode : PFCG
24)What is the Tcode to Manintain the Org’l Plan. It is depend on the interface you are using that is PPOME,PO10,PPOC_OLD, PP01.